I worked as an Editorial Intern for the Living section of WTOP.com from Jan. 2013-June 2013. Below are my articles and multimedia packages that were published on the website.
- Couchsurfing brings new meaning to hospitality
- Gardening with kids: Tips and advice for starting an active and healthy habit
- Local film festivals struggle with finances, venues
- Fiesta Asia celebrates Pacific Asian culture
The video I shot and edited to accompany the Fiesta Asia article.
- Grilling ideas for your summer barbecue
- Pop-up venues provide variety for consumers, cost-efficient space for small businesses
The video I shot and edited to accompany the urban dance article.
- Local beverage delivery companies fill gap for consumer drink demands
- Outdoor festival season: What’s happening April through August
- ‘Food truck revolution’ chronicled in book
- Corcoran art inspires cocktails at sixth annual ‘Artini’
The video I shot and edited to accompany the Artini article.
- Q&A: ‘Good People’ actor Andrew Long talks poverty and luck
- March Madness: Best bars to watch local teams
- Roundup: 2013 St. Patrick’s Day festivities
- Beloved Arlington teddy bear shop to close after 15 years
Slice of Life Series
- Slice of Life: Relinquishing a pageant title to promote a body image awareness campaign
- Slice of Life: Lila Asher, an active artist for more than seven decades
- Slice of Life: Mark Chalfant, improvising his way through life
- Slice of Life: Christopher Morgan, dancing to his own beat
- Slice of Life: Alex Goldstein, keeper of D.C.’s graffiti art scene