News Writer, /Film — March 2017-present
• Write breaking news articles on movie and television news.
• Report and write long-form features or pop culture-related essays.
•Appear on the weekly podcast /FilmDaily, and the movie review podcast /Filmcast.
Web Producer, The Washington Examiner – Washington, D.C. — Sept. 2014-July 2017
• Copy edit news articles for web publication; write headlines, captions and summaries.
• Manage the Washington Examiner website homepage, monitor AP feeds.
Entertainment Blogger, USA TODAY – Washington, D.C. — Sept. 2014-Sept. 2016
• Write blog posts and thinkpieces about movies, TV and pop culture for the USA TODAY entertainment blog Entertain This.
• Live blog awards nights, including the Oscars, Golden Globes and Grammys.
• Write news stories for the LIFE section of USA TODAY.
Health, Science and Environment Intern, USA TODAY – Mclean, VA — June 2014-Sept. 2014
• Report and wrote 40-plus news articles for online and print about health, science and environmental topics.
• Wrote blog posts and articles for other sections such as Life and education.
Metro Desk Intern, The Washington Post – Washington, D.C. — Jan. 2014-May 2014
• Reported and wrote obituaries, crime and local stories for the Metro desk.
Digital Media Intern, NBC4/WRC-TV – Washington, D.C. — Sept. 2013-May 2014
• Cut and edited video from local broadcast for the website of the NBC-owned television station WRC-TV. • Wrote breaking news, crime stories and feature stories for online publication.
• Aided web section in special coverage for breaking news or political events.
Writing Coach, American University SOC – Washington, D.C. — Sept. 2013-May 2014
• Tutored undergraduate journalism students for the American University class Writing for Mass Communication.
Living Intern, WTOP 103.5 FM – Washington, D.C. — Jan. 2013-May 2013
• Reported and wrote feature articles and profiles for the Living section of the WTOP.com. • Shot and edited videos, photos and audio files to accompany stories online.
• Created photo galleries of local restaurant specials, arts and entertainment events.
Arts & Entertainment Editor, American University’s The Eagle -Washington, D.C. — Oct. 2010-April 2013
• Oversaw a rotating staff of 20 contributing writers, columnists and staff assistants.
• Edited and assigned contributing writers’ stories on a weekly basis for print, daily for online.
• Wrote film and theater reviews and feature stories on local campus, arts and culture news.
• Interviewed multiple actors and filmmakers on tour in D.C. including Gary Oldman, Seth Rogen and Rashida Jones.
Producer, American University’s ATV News – Washington, D.C. — Nov. 2011-April 2013 • Managed and directed weekly show production for television broadcast over period of two years.
• Duties included planning the show breakdown, directing from the control room, quality control of news packages, editing the broadcast.
• Hired anchors and edited scripts for broadcast.
• Expertise in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-Design, Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro 7 and 10.
• Proficient in operating a Panasonic P2 HD camcorder and a DSLR 3100.
• Experience in social media such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Tumblr.
The Millennial Falcon Podcast – Washington, D.C. — Oct. 2015-present
• Co-host, produce and edit hour-long episodes of a weekly pop culture podcast discussing movies, superheroes, TV and comics from a millennial perspective.
American University’s The Hungry DC
• Worked as the managing editor on a semester-long multimedia reporting project done in conjunction with WAMU
88.5. The project, located at http://www.thehungrydc.org/, delved into hunger and food insecurity in the Metro
area and its effects on local residents. American University’s ATV News
• Coordinated initiative to get student reporters access to the White House press briefings.
• Implemented new policy of having weekly staff meetings.
American University – Washington, D.C.
M.A. Journalism and Public Affairs — August 2014; GPA: 3.75
• Specialty: Investigative Journalism
• American University Merit Award — September 2013
B.A. Communication Studies — May 2013; GPA: 3.48
• Minor: Cinema Studies
• American University Merit Scholarship — August 2010
• Dean’s List — Fall 2010, Fall 2011, Spring 2012